Residents of neighborhoods around the 5-acre White Oak music “mosh pit” will appear before Houston City Council tomorrow morning at 9:00 am to request a full investigation of the
handling of the project by the Turner administration.
“It is time for the Mayor and the District City Councilwoman protecting this assault on thousands of Houstonians to tell the public the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,” says Wayne Dolcefino, a spokesman for people who are only seeking silent nights in their homes.
Houston taxpayers may not know it, but they are investors in the White Oak nuisance that has been created, because Houston City Hall signed a rare emergency deal to share tax money with
the developers. The 380 agreement was called an emergency when it was voted on by Houston City Council. The agreement calls for the City to be given a list of investors before handing
over any public money. The Mayor’s Office says that list does not exist.
“It appears the White Oak Music Hall has violated this agreement, and Houston City hall has been negligent in protecting taxpayers, says Dolcefino. “It is time for members of Houston City
Council to demand answers.”
In addition to documenting possible violations of the economic deal, residents have a right to know why the City of Houston has allowed White Oak to routinely operate stages without the
proper permits over the last year.
“In the last several days, Mayor Turner has sought to keep secret the very documents justifying the use of tax money on this project”, says Dolcefino. “That is wrong, and it raises questions about who is being protected and why.”
A hearing to enjoin White Oak from staging outdoor amplified concerts anymore is scheduled for court January 12 th. Residents will be available to the media after their City Hall