HFD reportHFD report

White Oak

Houston Attorney Cris Feldman held a news conference detailing a court approved settlement to hopefully end the long fight between White Oak Music Hall and neighbors.

Noise complaints prompted a lawsuit filed by three neighborhoods. The legal agreement limits when shows can be held, monitors sound levels, and protects school children preparing for tests.

“This is a major first step for neighbors in the Near Northside to control sound coming from White Oak. To be sure, residents are cautiously optimistic but will remain vigilant, and are prepared to hold White Oak fully accountable if this opportunity is blown”, says Feldman “The settlement between the neighbors and White Oak is a ground breaking and novel solution, that will also hopefully assist city elected officials with finding solutions, rather than creating and ignoring problems.”

White Oak Consent Judgment

Families from neighborhoods surrounding the White Oak “mosh pit” want to make sure Houston city council members hear the filthy lyrics that blared into thousands of Houston homes last week.

The A$AP Mob show was held outside on a Thursday night, when kids had school the next day. The noise of filthy lyrics shook some homes, and blared foul language into thousands of others. The Houston Police Department issued a citation, the latest in a series of tickets issued to White Oak for violating the sound ordinance.

A number of residents have signed up to speak to Council Tuesday afternoon beginning at 2:00 PM. A growing number of families are joining the fight to stop loud outdoor concerts, especially on school days.

“It is a real pity the city allows this nonsense to continue,” says resident Timothy Goings. “Shame on them and the White Oak investors who are ruining the privacy of our homes and our quality of life. It must stop.”

The city has still not approved a permanent stage permit for the outdoor “mosh pit” that can hold up to 4,000, so the Council could stop the noise.

A trial on a lawsuit over the White Oak “mosh pit” was scheduled for last week but was pushed to December due to Hurricane Harvey.

Houston media organizations have been provided videos of the horrible sounds at the A$AP Mob Show. The residents will be available for news interviews after their presentation.

In January, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner bowed to questions from City Council Members and promised a 30-day “deep dive” investigation into the economic deal City Hall made with developers of the White Oak Music Hall.

Two months later, Mayor Turner now wants to keep the investigation a secret. The City of Houston is asking the Attorney General to block the release of the report because it was done by
the City Attorney and is protected by attorney-client privilege.

Tuesday at City Hall we will find out which city council members will call the secretive Turner administrative on his continued lack of transparency.

“The Mayor owes it to the hundreds of families who have to live with the blaring noise of White Music Hall to tell them the truth”, says Wayne Dolcefino, President of Dolcefino
Consulting and a spokesman for the White Oak families. “The tax money the City promised to kick back to the investors of the White Oak deal belong to the people of Houston, not the Mr.
Turner.”

That’s not the only news. Campaign reports reviewed by Dolcefino Consulting show Mayor Turner accepted campaign money from a key White Oak Music Hall developer and their lobbyist while mothers of autistic children were asking City Hall to stop the noise in November.

How much more campaign cash is involved? Inquiring minds want to know Mr. Turner.

“We would know if the City bothered to produce a list of investors. Who promises a million dollars in tax money to a bunch of guys without knowing whose backing this project”, says
Dolcefino.

White Oak Music Hall has refused to release a list of their investors, and the City has refused to provide evidence they are bidding their contracts publicly or providing affirmative action
contracts. The City has also refused a request to hold a hearing on the permit that let’s White Oak invade hundreds of homes late on school nights.

“Mayor Turner needs to release this investigative report Tuesday,” says Dolcefino. “He needs to demand White Oak detail who all the investors are. What is the Mayor hiding? Let’s see who
else is an investor, and see if they gave campaign money to this Mayor too.”

Dolcefino and other White Oak residents will appear at City Council Tuesday afternoon.

White Oak residents are preparing for trial scheduled in July where they will seek a million dollars from White Oak investors for the damages to the quality of lives of families.

Residents surrounding the noisy 5-acre outdoor White Oak music “mosh pit” are calling on Mayor Sylvester Turner to put the nuisance on the agenda of next week’s City Council Meeting.

In early January, Mayor Turner promised “a deep dive” to see if White Oak had violated terms of the agreement with the City of Houston. Since then White Oak has declared the City Sound Ordinance unenforceable, with their own expert stating HPD lacks the training to measure noise violations.

“It is time for City Council to act. We want Mayor Turner to detail what his investigation has shown, and what the City plans to do to protect Houstonians from noise polluters,” says Cris Feldman, Attorney for the residents. “Taxpayer’s deserve transparency and full disclosure next week.”

Wednesday, State District Judge Kristen Hawkins issued a temporary injunction against the controversial outdoor concert hall, agreeing the noise was interfering with the people living in three Houston neighborhoods.

The trial produced evidence White Oak Developers grossly misrepresented their outdoor concert plans. It also confirmed Houston City Hall approved the deal when the White Oak developers had a 2014 sound study which promised there would be lots of noise complaints if the White Oak mosh pit was approved.

“It is time the City of Houston release the names of all the developers of this ill-fated plan, and take action to stop the construction of a permanent outdoor stage,” says Feldman.

Three times in the past few weeks Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner has chosen secrecy over transparency. It is time for Houstonians to start demanding answers. It is time for Houston reporters to demand the access to records they are now being denied.

The latest example…

The widening controversy over the White Oak mosh pit, the outdoor concert hall that has become a weekly nuisance to hundreds of Houston taxpayers.

Forget what side you are on. All Houston taxpayers have a fundamental right to know how the deal went down. Here’s why.

The few documents the City of Houston has released prove the secret investors would only do the White Oak deal if City Hall promised a tax kickback of some of the revenues, a rarely used
economic deal called a 380 agreement. A million dollars of tax money may be shared with the White Oak investors, who don’t live in the neighborhood they are now assaulting.

Apparently. the Mayor thinks it is OK to pledge your money and then keep you in the dark about whether the deal was on the up and up, regardless of when it was hatched. Turner uses the ole “the deal went down before I was Mayor story.” In fact, pictures prove the Mayor has met with developers at least twice since he has been in office and knew residents were growing outraged at the school night rock shows keeping their children up.

Now the City is trying to use the complaints of residents as a pretense for hiding public records.

In a letter to the Texas Attorney General, the City complains the records should be kept secret because residents are now suing White Oak to stop the noise, and city lawyers go farther, using
complaints residents made to Houston City Council in a public session against them. That’s just wrong!

At the last City Council meeting, Turner promised his administration would take a deep dive into the 380 agreement as more City Councilmembers started rightfully questioning the deal.

Just for the record Mr. Turner, taxpayers have a right to their own deep dive, especially the families around White Oak whose tax money is being used to ruin their evenings. I don’t know
of anyone in the neighborhood that has been contacted since to offer evidence, or a time frame for this “deep dive” to be completed.

Members of City Council should demand full disclosure, and voters should wake up. This is your money.

On January 19th , Houston Attorney Cris Feldman will go to court to try to stop the noisy outdoor concerts. White Oak families are having to hold fundraisers and use their hard-earned money to
fight a battle that Mayor Turner could, if he wanted to, stop today.

A photo op while you are fixing potholes is neat Mr. Turner. Transparency is too.

DC RESPONSE TO AG- RE COH TPIA JANUARY 13TH 2017 (ATTACHMENTS)
24002 24006

Residents living with the noise of the 5-acre White Oak mosh pit at night welcome the Mayor’s decision to take a “deep dive” into the financial deal the City of Houston made with developers
of the noisy outdoor concert hall, a deal that could give them a million dollars of your tax money.

It is a rare economic deal given just a few times a year.

While this investigation is going on, the residents of the three neighborhoods want and expect the City of Houston to deny any new permits, including the renewal of an outdoor sound permit, scheduled to expire January 28 th , 2016 and to halt construction of a permanent stage.

They also want the transparency the Turner administration has refused to provide on the White Oak deal.

In the last few days, the Turner administration has fought at least three requests for records detailing the supporting documents used to justify the City Hall deal, including e-mails and
phone records of key City Hall staff members. They want to keep them secret. Why?

“The Houston Police Department recorded more than 85 noise complaints once the outdoor concerts started on a temporary stage,” says Wayne Dolcefino, President of Dolcefino
Consulting. “The Mayor can order release of these records today. What’s the big secret?”

Houston Attorney Cris Feldman will seek a temporary injunction against the outdoor amplified music on January 12 th, and will seek the shutdown of the outdoor amplified music, which blares
through homes like a knife until 11:00pm, even on school nights.

In the meantime, Mayor, turn over the records.

Let the sunshine in.

Residents of neighborhoods around the 5-acre White Oak music “mosh pit” will appear before Houston City Council tomorrow morning at 9:00 am to request a full investigation of the
handling of the project by the Turner administration.

“It is time for the Mayor and the District City Councilwoman protecting this assault on thousands of Houstonians to tell the public the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,” says Wayne Dolcefino, a spokesman for people who are only seeking silent nights in their homes.

Houston taxpayers may not know it, but they are investors in the White Oak nuisance that has been created, because Houston City Hall signed a rare emergency deal to share tax money with
the developers. The 380 agreement was called an emergency when it was voted on by Houston City Council. The agreement calls for the City to be given a list of investors before handing
over any public money. The Mayor’s Office says that list does not exist.

“It appears the White Oak Music Hall has violated this agreement, and Houston City hall has been negligent in protecting taxpayers, says Dolcefino. “It is time for members of Houston City
Council to demand answers.”

In addition to documenting possible violations of the economic deal, residents have a right to know why the City of Houston has allowed White Oak to routinely operate stages without the
proper permits over the last year.

“In the last several days, Mayor Turner has sought to keep secret the very documents justifying the use of tax money on this project”, says Dolcefino. “That is wrong, and it raises questions about who is being protected and why.”

A hearing to enjoin White Oak from staging outdoor amplified concerts anymore is scheduled for court January 12 th. Residents will be available to the media after their City Hall
presentation.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail